Patient Participation Group (PPG) is made of practice staff and patients that are representative of the practice population. The main aim of the PPG is to ensure that patients are involved in decisions about the range and quality of services provided and commissioned by the practice.
Using the PPG, we aim to promote the proactive engagement of patients and to seek views from our patients through the use of practice surveys, comments or suggestions and complaints.
Patient Participation Group Meeting regarding Patient Survey Summary Report
The Doctors and all staff at Haden Vale Medical Practice Strive to offer the best service possible, in order to help us attain high standards of patient care and support. To help us obtain your views and experiences, we ask patients to complete a questionnaire. These are undertaken on an annual basis.
The survey carried out in 2017 was a General Practice Assessment Questionnaire, the analysis and report was carried out independently by CMI Publishing Ltd.
The questionnaire covered three main areas:
- Your GP covering your experience of you or your dependant’s consultation.
- The Nurse covering your treatment and consultation.
- The practice looking at reception staff, appointments and your overall experience.
Demographics of the Patient Participation Group
The group currently consists of eight patients and two staff from the practice. Two of the patients are men. Age ranges are from 45 – 83 years. The group is predominantly White British, which reflects the local community.
We are currently looking to expand the group and hopefully encourage individuals from different ethnic back grounds that use the practice.
We are advertising in our Dove news letter, and have a poster displayed in reception. There is also reference to the group within the new patient registration form. If the individual ticks the appropriate box it is followed up by a welcome letter, information including an invitation to join the group
If you are interested, please give your details to reception and we will endevour to contact you. We meet four times a year, at the surgery, for approximately 1-2 hours.
Outcome of our 2017-18 Practice Survey is in the practice report, GPAQ summary and detail reports are below please click onto links.
Please click on the links for the feedback of the General Practice Assessment Questionnaire 2016-2017:
Hadenvale GPAQ Summary Report 2017 (.pdf, 85KB)
Hadenvale GPAQ PRACTICE Report 2017 (.pdf, 280KB)
Hadenvale GPAQ Detailed Report 2017 (.pdf, 300KB)
Patient Reference Update Report 2017
Our involvement with the Patient Participation Group has increased this year with a concentrated effort in trying to recruit more members.
We have 8 members on the panel - currently have 2 male members and 6 females. As a practice we are striving to get a good representation of our practice population.
We continue to encourage people to join our group by:
- Advertising in the reception area
- Dedicated notice board for the Patient Participation Group in the lobby
- New patient application form
- On the website
- In our quarterly news letter
- Verbally from clinicians and reception staff.
Changes that have been discussed and implemented within the practice over the last year.
- To reduce DNA’s – Texting patients the day prior to their appointment, including the option to cancel, This is carried out by an external agency. We display the number of DNA’s every month in reception. Also in our quarterly magazine.
- To reduce waiting times and increase patient access – We run a GP triaging system daily. This will improve patient access.
- 2017 practice survey – GPAQ questionnaire was identified and implemented with PPG approval, the results can be viewed via links above.