Privacy Notice for Patients
How we use your Information Leaflet
Important Patient Information
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations)
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) became law on 24th May 2016. This is a single EU-wide regulation on the protection of confidential and sensitive information. It enters into force in the UK on the 25th May 2018, repealing the Data Protection Act (1998).
The patient privacy notice describes how we collect, use and process your personal data, and how in doing so, we comply with our legal obligations to you. Your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to protecting and safeguarding your data privacy rights.
The notice / leaflet inform patients on the following:
- How we use your information and the law
- Why do we need your information
- How do we lawfully use your data
- How do we maintain the confidentiality of your records
- Risk Stratification
- Medicines Management
- Where do we store your information electronically
- Who are our partner organisations
- How long will we store your information
- How can you access, amend, move the personal data that you give to us
- Access to your personal information
- What should you do if your personal information changes
- Who your data protection officer is
Please feel free to ask reception for a copy of the privacy notice and how we use your information leaflet.
Haden Vale Medical Practice.